Sunday 20 October 2013

Graphics - My Final Exploratory stage.

Graphics being my last exploratory stage opened up my creative skills when referencing to illustration. It challenged my drawing skills, aswell as my perception of colour, layout, format and presentation. Our first experiment was to do a selection of pen or pencil drawings of the person sitting opposite,next to or diagonal from us using a different medieum for each sketch when capturing their face. One way was to use the opposite hand I usually write with, so I used my right hand to draw with this was a challange as i am not use to using my right hand in creating art peices or for example my friends face. Another way was doing continuous line drawings, using our mouths, and also keeping our eyes off the page and fully on them, which was quite an intense challenge. I did enjoy this as it was entertaining and intresting looking back at my pieces of work I had produced using these different mediums. I had some abstract, quirky pieces which I admired, however some of my pieces where not in proportion to the face. On the other hand it could also be looked at as a  succesful experiment as I let myself loose. 





Some of the other tasks Andy gave us was to create a poster of ourselves in the future ( I made it 2027) as if we were holding our own art exhibition. I quite enjoyed this as i choose to do a fashion art exhibition, saying " what is being GAWJUS" i designed my own model that dominates most of the poster and have a colour code. i learnt that i could do things better, for example the colour coding not leaving a white postered back ground and making my typo more visible for the audience to see.





I brought in ten celebrity pictures and cut them up into setions of eyes head, noses, hair, lips, ect and create another face out of all the celebrities i had printed off. This task again was quite an odd task, but i did like it as everyones work was so different and quite strange with all these unique faces. I decided to use pen on top of mine to make the faces merge more into each other giving it an illustrated effect.









Creating Numbers and Words.

This involved me producing numerous numbers and letters all having a different font, and stlye. I used loads of different stlyes for examply flowers, zig zags, cross hatching, Thin coloured felt tips, and Fat felt tips. This was another successful experiment as yet again everyone in my groups work was completly different some people used 3dimensional shapes, while others used more simplistec shapes. Here are some of my letters and numbers I created below. It taught us how companys searched for people who could create words and letters for their advertisment for logos and presenting their products.








Overall graphics was great fun, and really helped me broaden my experimental skills when creating my own styles of fonts, and presenting my own Posters. I especially enjoyed the poster making as it got us involved using colours, and illustration which is one of my strongest artistic skills when being able to sketch figures quickly from scratch.





No comments:

Post a Comment