Tuesday 22 October 2013

Design & Media - Summary Review.

Overall the art foundation exploratory stage has been brilliant. At first knowing I was going to take the Fashion and Textiles foundation pathway, my courage to change that pathway and take Design & Media was in fact a great choice made. My skills have branched further by being able to experiment with a wide range of creative pathways, for example like 3d design which I have never done before. Aswell as Graphics, graphics opened up my illustrative skills as well as thinking about applying colour in different ways for suited clients and their particular needs. 

The course also enabled me to express my creative skills in different ways, like building Bridges with only two points on the floor and only thirty bamboo sticks.Or designing a garment using tissue paper, string and tin foil, however basic my materials were it made me interact and connect with others in my group forming tight friendships.

 My sketch book really reflects all of my practical work and how every page is unique embracing all different textures and techniques presented through out. I put my all into each subjects( even if i didn't find it the most exciting activity)I knew by working hard it would broaden my skills further had i of just put my all in to one particular pathway. With 3d design I built a paper pop up bridge in my sketch book on top of that i did a few continuous line drawings of my own created bridges, which turned out successfully. In addition to this, I can fully agree that taking the art foundation challenged me and made me tackle creative situations I have never done,but also made me more determined to do well and challenge myself even further.

I am extremely excited to take the Fashion and Textiles pathway, coming in with other skills brought in from doing Design & Media. I am ready to work hard and gain a fantastic outcome at the end of the art foundation at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment