Sunday 6 October 2013

3D Design.



Our new topic was 3d design, an insight to something i have never experienced, and found quite a challenge. One of the first tasks we did challenged our imagination aswell as our design skills in constructing somthing from a completely different object of thing. For example ,choosing our favourite fruit and drawing it, but then changing that fruit into a hamsters cage. I found this exciting and quite an adventurous task, as it widened my creative thought process. Our next task was to construct a piece which would be able to hold up three plastic balls as hight as we could, using only a glue gun and spaghetti. This was another task i enjoyed, as it presented some beautiful minimalistic pieces, which were quite abstract. They could be looked at as new designs for lamp shades, or sculptures which could be put in a modernised home as decoration. Everyones work turned out to be quite different either being extremely flamboyant, or very simplistic have only a few spaghetti sticks holding the three balls. One thing i could have improved with was the structure designing it in a different way which would improve the look, As well as hold the balls up higher in a different way.














Our other project, proved to show how impatient i was with trying to make it work, This task was one of the least favourite tasks i enjoyed. I could not grasp how to make something which would hold my body weight up with three pieces of card board and masking tape. In the end me and my friend Masie, decided to combine our two pieces together to make a solid shape which I could sit on having my  legs in the air  with no part of my body touching the ground. This proved to work, for about five seconds most, catching a quick snap, the picture below show the structure of the shape and the size in contrast to my body, One thing i think i could have done to improve this piece was to plan it more out and think deeper into how i could construct it to maintain my body weight with only few resources.














Designing Paper Fold Out Bridges In our Sketch Books.

This was quite a fun task as we were getting involved in sticking a cutting up strips, or curves, or random shapes which we then had to manipulate into a design for a bridge. I decided to cut strips into my sketch book on a double spread out A4 pages, which then overlapped each other conjoining them together. This task branched my skills as it made me think of Design and how it should look wether it appealing to public or simple making it up as i went along. Also i had to think about how it would work as a structure all sought of things i would have to think about if i actually brought my design out to produce a proper bridge from it.








Constructing The Bridge. - Bamboo and Cardboard.

This and the spaghetti piece I enjoyed the most, this task engaged in working together in groups giving opinions and encouraging each other on how we could build this bridge. We had to plan and think about how we could  hold i together for a plastic electrical car to be drove over it. We all, as a group found this to be challenging but looked at it as a positive way in working together, I especially enjoyed constructing the bamboo and making a very unusual shape from it. The most disappointing aspect of the design we did was layering the cardboard on top, it completely wiped out the designed structure of the bamboo, and left it looking quite dull and boring.







ICT -  Photo Shop Experiment. Using me and a Different Background.


Practised merging ourselves into a background of where we want to be in 10 years time, I decided to choose a train track, being quite abstract in thinking where ever my life goes it'll keep moving forward towards new destinations.



No comments:

Post a Comment