Monday 18 November 2013

Second week of Fashion & Textiles.


My fashion Shoot.

Part of a set project following the theme of styling. We were told to produce and create our own photo shoot based around our own identities, coming up with a mood board for each section of - Location, Style, Hair & Theme. This was brilliant, as we could decide on colour and how we wanted to portray ourselves through creating a collection of images based on out selfs. My shoot embodied the theme sports wear, basing around Adidas as that is a key element to myself, I always seem to have an attraction to vintage sportswear always incorporating it with my everyday wear. I also find myself drawn towards pastel coloured garments especially baby pinks, and candy floss shades. I also tried to manipulate this as representing even though i am quite sporty, sheerness and sophistication I find most appealing to. I thought i would use myself to model as it was representing me as a person, not that I have modelled before I did actually find it enjoyable and the pictures came out successfully. Luckily I had a happy mistake of the pictures coming out quite distressed looking as the ink had run out slightly on black, even so I thought it worked well. Here are the images of my photo shoot below.


















Knitting

This was a great experience, as it is something i have never done before and was keen to try it out. At first it looked extremely technical as the actual machine had loads of different components and parts that had to be put in place before you could begin. Once i got the hang of it I found it very relaxing and easy to do, however i did from time to time make a couple of errors, and had to re fix my machine learning and remembering If I had threaded my yarn correctly ect. We made a couple of samples using some techniques like Lace, Honey comb which you can see with the video I have put up by our teacher. I really enjoyed this task, as it was a relaxing and handy technique which could make a garment or design more interesting by adding knit. Unfortunately I didn't get to make as many samples as i wanted to, as we had such a big group, so i shared my machine. It was interesting however working with a partner as we both helped each other If we made mistakes. The samples I produced where quite textured and not symmetrical or followed a carry on pattern, In a way this was good as my teacher said It showed uniqueness and a range of texture. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment